Assigned to find the texture of the falls
I went where I could feel the falls in full
Each droplet feels the bottom as it calls
The call exerts a force, a downward pull
Source: Scott Ennis, 2023
Having experienced creative success as a poet, Scott is now focusing his creativity on screenwriting. Scott believes firmly in the statement: “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.” ― Henry David Thoreau
Scott has stood up to live in the following ways:
- Raised all over the USA due to his father’s service in the US Navy: Washington, Hawaii, Connecticut, Virginia, California, Idaho, and Utah.
- Spent 2 years in South Africa at the end of apartheid, 1985-1987.
- 13 years service in the US Army, including Airborne Special Forces. Stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, Ft. Benning, Georgia, and Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.
- Earned a BA in English Literature, 1993 from Weber State University.
- Worked as a technology project manager for 20 years.
- Completed Ironman triathlon and Boston Marathon both in 2009.
- Presented poetry and related papers at several academic conferences including: The National Undergraduate Literature Conference, Weber State University, Intersections, University of California, Irvine, and Renovations, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Survived a near-fatal accident in 2010 and sustained and lives with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Written more sonnets than Shakespeare and now working on writing more screenplays than Shakespeare’s plays.