DeVeaux College was established in 1852 in the will of local entrepreneur and benefactor, Samuel Deveaux, who set up a school for destitute and fatherless boys. A brief history of the school is on the America’s Lost Colleges website. One of the school’s alumni keeps a blog about the school at Big Daddy Dave blog
The site of DeVeaux College is now owned by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, and is now the DeVeaux Woods State Park.
A song about the original bells at Ambrose Chapel at Deveaux College, with words by Thomas Vincent Welch and music by J. Ernest Rieger was published in 1894. Thy Bells Deveaux can be viewed here
According to the TowerBells.org DeVeaux School had a 10-bell chime installed by Meneely/Troy in 1913, which was sold to Verdin in November 1994. Ada Elizabeth Fuller wrote a poem about the new chimes, which can be viewed at Chimes of De Veaux.
From The Living Church, vol. 50, January 3, 1914
New Chimes at De Veaux College
On New Year’s Eve, at midnight, the new chimes at De Veaux College, Niagara Falls, N.Y. (the Rev. William Stanley Barrows, headmaster), were rung for the first time. The bells, ten in number, were made by the Meneely Company of Troy, and are known as their F Tenor chime. They are a duplicate of those recently given to Christ Church, Greenwich, Conn, and are the gift of Mr. Albert H. Lewis of Bridgeport, Conn., who attended De Veaux College from 1857 to 1862. The inscription on the great bell reads: “Fortiter, Fideliter, Feliciter. In honor of Samuel De Veaux and as a memorial to those trustees, masters, boys, and patrons who have faithfully served and fostered De Veaux College, this chime is presented by Albert Henry Lewis, ’57-’62, Founder’s Day, A. D. 1913, the fifty-sixth anniversary of the opening of De Veaux College. Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace good will toward men.” The inscription of the other bells is: “Fortiter, Fideliter, Feliciter. De Veaux College, ex dono Albert Henry Lewis, Founder’s Day, A. D. 1913.”
See a song and a poem about the chimes at DeVeaux College:
Chimes of De Veaux by Ada Elizabeth Fuller
Thy Bells Deveaux by Thomas Vincent Welch and J. Ernest Rieger